Sunday, July 25, 2010




Having alot of time on my hands lately I've been steadily working my way through the books that I've accumulated over the past few months. I received this one as a late birthday present and hadn't had the opportunity to crack it open yet. Well yesterday I finished reading the Dean Koontz series that I had been working on. After turning the last page I got the feeling that I often get when I finish a good book. It's one of those hard to explain feelings. Its a sense of accomplishment and kind of a sadness all rolled into one. So I finished these books and I spotted this book laying on the floor by my bed. I picked it up as I hopped on my bed intending to read it till I got tired and then take a siesta. Well I should have known better. I spent the next hour and a half reading the story of Blockade Billy. It wasn't quite like the other Stephen King books that I've read (most of them). For one thing it was about 1500 pages shorter then most of his novels. It was more about human nature then about horror. It was about a major league base ball team in New Jersey, the Titans and their catcher, Billy. It was a great story with an unexpected ending. Well after finishing that story and the short story that followed it I flipped through the blank last pages to the back cover. I had asked my guy, who gave me the book, to write something in it before he left to go back home to FL. I wasn't allowed to read it till I finished the book. It was a great end to a great story.

No comments:

Post a Comment